Market for Mission Open House
(News Item #0410, Published: 12/06/19, Author: Cindy Stearns, OceanShores.com (new field) ~ to be edited)
1-4 pm, Sunday, December 8
Chapel by the Sea Presbyterian Church (PCUSA)
4612 SR 109
Border of Moclips and Pacific Beach
Second annualFair trade products:
- CafÃ© Justo-coffee from Mexico
- Equal Exchange-olive oil from Palestine, chocolate and cocoa
- Haiti Creations of Hope- art created from oil drum lids
- Partners for Just Trade-Christmas gourd ornaments, stuffed animals and more from Peru, coin purses and tote bags from Cambodia
- Thistle Farms- candles, room spray and essential oils based in Nashville helps women in the US and globally who have been abused, trafficked are on the streets, residential program to regain and retrain their life- #loveheals
Bake sale including authentic Scottish shortbread
Benefits people of these fair trade companies.
Also for the Barbara Topete Memorial Benevolence Fund (matriarch of Ocean Crest Resort and charter/founding member of Chapel by the Sea). This goes towards people in emergency need in the North Beach.
Worship is at 10:30 am, lunch follows prior to the open house. The Rev. Dr. Linda Flatley (Pastor Linda) will be offering tours of the chapel during the open house.